PO Box 200
Ellington, CT 06029
Attention Store Manager
If you are interested in working at Ellington Agway, but do not see a current available position that matches your qualifications, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com for employment consideration.
Position: Full Time Outdoor Power Sales Associate
This position functions as the initial and primary line of communication between retail and commercial customers and Outdoor Power services (Sales, Service, & Parts). Individuals will use mechanical knowledge to assist walk-in customers and answer phone inquiries to facilitate Parts and Equipment sales, process Parts orders, take payment, arrange Service appointments, and other various duties as assigned. Working weekends will be required.
- Strong background in Outdoor Power Equipment sales & service
- Inside counter sales or customer service experience
- Working experience and knowledge of mechanical processes
- Basic typing and data entry skills and knowledge of Google search
- Ability to work independently or in a team-based environment with a can-do attitude
- Ability to communicate well with both customers and employees
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- High school or equivalent education required
- Customer assistance and counter sales
- Assists in maintaining a well-stocked, clean and organized warehouse, show floor, and building exterior at all times
- Assists as needed in new equipment set-up
- Adheres to and effectively communicates Ellington Agway's policies and procedures
- Maintains knowledge of current product and equipment features and sales promotions (both stock and competitive) to effectively match customer needs and close sales
- Provides price information and quotes as needed
- Answers basic customer service questions such as, "What types of equipment do you service? When will my equipment be ready? How do I maintain this piece of equipment?"
- Clearly explains work completed and brings serviced equipment to customer's vehicle at time of pick-up
- Identifies needed parts, then orders or retrieves as available
- Provides quotes and processes sales