Goldcot Apricot Tree, 7-Gallon
Prunus X Goldcot
Color: Yellow Shades
Height: 15-20 Feet
Spread: 15-20 Feet
Zone: 5-8 What is my zone?
- Heavy producer
- Early August crop of medium-sized, nearly round apricots
- Golden-yellow skin
- Great for fresh eating
- Best as a canner since the flavor, texture and the golden color go through the canning process better than most other Apricots
- Contain antioxidants that help prevent heart disease, reduce "bad cholesterol" levels and protect against cancer
- Pink blossoms in late April
- Furrowed bark and glossy leaves in summer
(Semi-Dwarf) 'Goldcot' produces a great crop of early, medium sized, nearly round Apricots in early August. These delicious fruits are freestone and have a tough golden yellow skin that protects them from easy bruising. 'Goldcot' fruit is fine for fresh eating, but truly shines as a canner since the flavor, texture and the golden color go through the canning process better than most other Apricots without a loss of quality. Apricots like 'Goldcot' contain carotenoids which are antioxidants that help prevent heart disease, reduce "bad cholesterol" levels and protect against cancer. 'Goldcot' is somewhat self-fruitful but for best yield, plant (2) or more together or plant another selection of Apricot nearby. You won't mind planting more since the trees are gorgeous in late April, covered with pink blossoms, and ornamental in summer with their furrowed bark and heart-shaped, glossy leaves. Plant in full sun for the best fruit production.
Homeowner Growing and Maintenance Tips:
Likes moist, well-drained soil, mulch, and winter wind protection. Responds well to a specialized Azalea/Rhodie, acid fertilizer application. Prune to shape in summer immediately after blooming subsides.
Please contact us for current availability.