Alexandria Alpine Strawberry Plant, 1-Gallon
Strawberry alpina Alexandria (commonly called wild strawberry)
Height: 6-12 Inches
Spread: 10-15 Inches
Zone: 5-9 What is my zone?
- Very productive and vigorous
- Aggressive grower and aggressive fruiter
- Blooms early to mid May
- Dime sized, sweet fruit that matures an orangy-red color.
- Perfect for hanging basket or deck container use
- Fruits long into the season
- Easy to grow with no runners
- Great fresh or in desserts
You'll be thrilled by the productivity and vigor of this runnerless selection that is an aggressive grower along with an aggressive fruiter. Loads of bloom grace this plant in early to mid May followed by a remarkable number of dime sized, sweet fruit that mature and orangy-red color. Unlike standard Strawberries, 'Alexandria' will continue to bloom and fruit throughout the summer and, because of its runnerless nature, it is an outstanding plant to use in a hanging basket or a container on a deck. Its fruit is great right off the plant or perfect for fresh desserts...just add a bit of sugar to really bring out its taste and juciness!
Please contact us for current availability.